- You must take the test at a registry office.
- The test is 30 multiple choice questions and you must score a minimum of 25 to pass.
- If you fail the test, you must wait one day before taking the test again.
- Test stations have audio-assistant devices that read the questions and choices of answers to you (Please bring your own standard headphones to the office).
- If you have difficulty with English and only need minimal help, you can use a paper English conversion dictionary. (The dictionary will be gone through by a staff member to ensure there are no notes in the dictionary.) This is only allowed for the class 7 knowledge test.
- Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and air brake knowledge tests can only be taken in English.
Practice tests are available for class 7 knowledge tests on the website: http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/531.htm
Study guides are available on the Alberta Transportation Website at: http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/531.htm
The Geared To Go Workbook is available on the Alberta Transportation Website at: http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/531.htm
The Class 7 test is available in a variety of languages.