- Valid Identification.
- Complete and sign the Licence Plate/Parking Placard Cancellation Declaration.
- Authorization for Vehicle Services form (If the registration is in more than one name the Authorization form is required.)
Out of Province Cancellation Requirements
Mail or fax the completed Licence Plate/Parking Placard Cancellation Declaration or a written request containing the following elements directly to the registry agent office:
- Name of owner(s)
- Valid Identification type and number
- Licence plate number
*If the licence plate is not returned, you must provide an explanation of what happened to the licence plate.
- Arrange to pay the registry agent service fee.
- If there are any outstanding fines on your file (this refers to joint registration files, as well as your individual file) they will also have to be paid at the time of cancellation.