Commercial and Fleet Vehicles
Visit the following link for all requirements on registering your commercial vehicle – Registering a commercial vehicle
Register your vehicle
- Proof of Ownership
- Valid Insurance
- Valid Identification
- An out-of-province, salvage or commercial inspection (if applicable for vehicles coming from out of province or for commercial use)
- Safety Fitness Certificate for vehicles weighting 11,794 kg or more
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection
Tractor trailers, trucks and trailers with a combined weight of 11,794 kg must be inspected
annually and issued a Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate.
Commercial vehicle registration is issued for a minimum of 3 months (Quarterly) to a maximum of 1 year.
Quarterly Registration Dates are March, June, September and December. If it is past the 15th of March, June, September or December you must register to the next quarter. Fees for quarterly registration depend on the amount of weight the vehicle is being registered at.
Alberta Prorate Services
Alberta Prorate Services is responsible for:
- Approving your initial prorate application.
Our Office will then complete the Prorate Service for you, with the following documents:
- Fleet Summary Report.
- Proof of ownership.
- Insurance documents.
- Safety Fitness Certificate for vehicles weighing more than 11,794 kg.
- ALL U.S. FUNDS MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO THE : GOVERNMENT OF ALBERTA WHEN YOU ARE SUBMITTING A U.S. CHEQUE OR U.S. DRAFT
Alberta Prorate Services Contact Information:
Business hours: 8:15 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday (except holidays).
To call toll-free in Alberta dial 310-0000, then (403) 297-2920.
Phone: (403) 297-2920
Fax: (403) 297-2917
1st Floor, 803 Manning Road NE
Calgary, AB T2E 7M8